- Virident ESG Lab Validation Report: Virident FlashMAX II Storage-class Memory with Sustainable, Multi-dimensional Performance
Virident Storage Class Memory (SCM) is a class of solid-state storage solutions designed to meet the intensive IO performance needs of business-critical databases, Web 2.0, high-performance computing (HPC), and data center tier-0 application workloads. This report documents ESG Lab’s hands-on validation testing of Virident FlashMAX II PCI Express (PCIe) SCM drives, with a focus on their multi-dimensional performance capabilities.
- ViridentAccelerates Critical Transactions in EnergyTrading Market
Financial-intelligence application provider benefits from decreased transactional storage access time and increased performance
- Balancing Performance, Flexibility, and
Scalability in Optical Networks
To meet the increasing demands of telecom, CATV and Enterprise operators for lower cost-per-bit transmission capabilities, systems equipment OEMs need technology that can allocate bandwidth flexibly and dynamically to meet evolving performance and capacity needs without requiring new equipment deployments. In this way, systems equipment OEMs can enable their customers to maximize efficiency as well as introduce new services and capabilities that give them a competitive edge.aders in their daily research routine, saving time and expanding views of the complex market.
- Beyond 100G Client Optics
Major client optics applications are the highdensity data center, structured data center, carrier central office, general data center, and metro inter data center, corresponding to link reaches from 100 m to 40 km. First-generation 100G multimode fiber and single-mode fiber client optics are based on 10 × 10G electrical lane and 10 × 10G or 4 × 25G optical lane architectures. Next-generation 100G MMF and SMF client optics will be based on 4 × 25G electrical lane and 4 × 25G optical lane architecture. Beyond 100G, it is likely the next standard will be 400G based on extensions of 100G technologies. Beyond 400G, 1.6T is a possible standard, requiring highly novel technologies.
- Storage for VDI Environments Planning and Considerations
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (also known as VDI) is a growing trend among companies in an
effort to reduce costs and administrative overhead while improving reliability and security of users desktops. The three primary vendors with desktop virtualization software are Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Successful implementations require several factors, including reasonable costs and good performance from desktop users’ perspective. Bringing the desktop applications, operating systems, and storage into a centralized IT function represents opportunities to save in administrative costs, system costs, and enhance the security of business data.
- STORAGE SWITZERLAND BRIEFING NOTE
BALANCING THE COST, PERFORMANCE
AND MANAGEMENT TRIANGLE
IT Managers at mid-sized organizations face a unique set of challenges. Maturing server and desktop virtualization projects are demanding greater performance and additional capacity but the size of the IT budget and IT staff are not being increased to meet those demands. The mid-range data center needs systems that perform well, are cost effective and are easy to manage. This is the exact problem that Tegile Systems is planning to solve with their Zebi Storage Arrays.
- Can an Enterprise Email Backbone Infrastructure be Moved to the Cloud
- Consolidated Storage for Virtualized Server Environments
- 10 Ways to Stretch your Storage Budgets in Virtualized, Consolidated Environments
- Virtual Desktop Gets Real
- Datacenter Transformation: New Directions
- The Evolution of the DataCenter and the Role of Virtualized Infrastructure and Unified 3D Management
- Hitachi Data Systems’ Silver Lining: A Flexible, Fluid Cloud Storage Infrastructure
- Integrating Content and File Services for Seamless File-Based Storage Management, Content-Triggered Migration, and Federated Search
- Dynamic IT: The Impact of Virtualization
- Smarter, Faster Endpoint Management Through Automation and Innovation